Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday -- July 8


We have been so incredibly busy, especially today as we are trying to finish our daycare project, the Week of prayer and also the Evangelistic series, as well as VBS. Thank the Lord we were able to finish the daycare! We had the kids from the community in Santa Barbara over for lunch and had games and crafts for them. They loved the new look!
The Evangelistic meeting went very well. Several people have already dedicated their lives to Christ and want baptism! Today one lady made the decision! Praise God!

It´s awesome how God works! I had to tune a piano, it was hard! I could have finished it by Wednesday but a string broke, fear came but God gave me courage and enough energy to tune that piano at midnight! When a string breaks in your life don’t freak out you still have 250 more string tat will help you play the melody of life. ---David

Hi everyone, I’m still sick but I am doing better. Sorry to my family for calling them when I was crying. I am looking forward to coming home and eating American food, that agrees with my digestive system and seeing my family But at the same time I never want to leave. ---Catherine

My favorite thing about this week was watching all the children go from very shy to not shy at all. They all know your name and run to you when they see you, it the sweetest thing ever! ---Laura

Hello everyone back home. I’ve been having a really blessed time here. The one thing that is really evident in the people here is they have nothing, but they are happier and warmer that we are. At least that’s what I’ve been noticing. ---Jeremiah

Today, Friday, has been the last day to finish one of the projects we have come to do in Honduras (El Hogar). The group that painted the daycare did a pretty job. When we arrived there around noon they were putting on the finishing touches on the walls. Jeremiah gave me a brush and paint so I could paint some of the figures. I was very pleased to do so, because I now know some of my work will be around for some time to come. I thank God for taking care of us and helping us. I also thank him for permitting me to help the people in the group who got sick and I pray that with  his help they will arrive healthy to their homes. ---Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!